Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Adventures in Research Nursing

I never saw myself as a research nurse, but this current job is showing me a different side to my nursing skill. I've discovered that I get a mild high off getting a patient consented to the study. I enjoy making awkward visits to patients' homes and encountering their family members and pets. I have no problem calling people on the phone and asking them about their health that day. Yesterday, I worked eleven hours on the study and it did not feel like that much at all. It's not something I would want to do for the next thirty years, but I must say that is enjoyable right now. When I started working on the study, things were kind of stagnant, but right now, things are starting to move, and it is just so exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment