Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Finding Myself on Tuesday

My day started at 6:30. I ate breakfast, showered, and then studied for my quiz today (which I didn't do the best on...not my worst, but sure not my best).

I walked to work this morning as I have been trying to get some more exercise in with a very busy lifestyle right now. Once I got to work, it appeared to be a slow day; however, my first hour there was quite deceptive. There were no new patients admitted overnight at the hospital, so I was planning on checking up on the two guys in the hospital that we were following and be on my way. Then, my co-worker reminded me of a lady we were watching as well. She was actually in good enough shape to participate. I got her consented and all her first data collection done (first one by myself). My co-worker and I went on a home visit to a patient in Fairmont, I finished doing everything with my new consentee, attended an online lecture, took an online quiz. After that I met up w/ a friend in the hospital cafeteria and talked to him for a while. I came home, reviewed some slides for my other class, read a chapter of a text book, checked my email, and now I'm ready to go to bed.

Today was packed with action. I am quickly discovering that I am the type who likes to stay until the job is done; however, at times, I have to call it a day. Organization is becoming increasingly important to me as well. Like, at work, I think the biggest thing I bring to our project at times is organization. I have become the person who keeps a calendar of what patients we need to collect data on when, the person who keeps the paperwork and charts, and the person who lets others know what needs done when. I am the list-maker. It's a new part of my life right now, and I am finding myself through this work. It's invigorating. I know I just wrote a big paragraph about my day (I hate the word "busy" btw). But this is a faction of my new life, and I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment