Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pouring Concrete...and Other Adventures

I just wanted to write a brief bit in honor of my boyfriend Andrew (who probably won't see this post until I show it to him Friday night). We have spent roughly five months together. Andrew thinks we started dating on 1-1-11, but I thought it was later than that. I think he knew all along what was happening, but I know I was a lot more hesitant. It doesn't really matter. We have enjoyed our time together and hope that more good times are yet to come. I decided to make a list of things I've done since meeting Andrew.

1. Biked on the Rail Trail

2. Watched an action movie in 3D (Thor)

3. Road a motorcycle

4. Road a 4-wheeler

5. Kayaked

6. Attended a Revival (I grew up Methodist, we didn't have those)

7. Helped pour concrete. Of all the items listed, this one is probably the most "out of my league". Aside from some very basic yard work, I am not exactly an expert on outdoor home improvement projects. I have to say it was pretty fun being messy outside all day for a productive cause.

Sometimes, I don't know why we're together or what purpose our relationship has in the greater scheme of things, but I am happier now than I've been in a long time. I hope I can add to this list later.

Anyways, that's my thought after a long weekend. After all this manual labor, I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment